Scottish Personal Assistant Employers Network
SPAEN's supports and services are designed by PA employers, for PA employers.
We offer a whole range of supports and services to ensure you are always a "good, competent and compliant" employer, including:
- Independent information, guidance and advice on insurance products and services for PA employers (regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority);
- Practical supports and guides on safe recruitment; employing PA's; operating a direct payment / Option 1 and changing to a different SDS option;
- A fully automated payroll service;
- A managed account service, opening and operating a secure, single account on your behalf which allows you to monitor and report on your SDS spend (all accounts are backed by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme);
- Expert pension auto-enrolment advice and support;
- Care and support planning to make sure you maximise your Direct Payment
SPAEN supports anyone in Scotland wishing to use a Direct Payment or Option 1 through Self-directed Support to employ their own Personal Assistants and to always be "good, competent and compliant" employers.
Our offices are open from Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.30pm
We provide independent information, advice and guidance on a range of supports and services for PA employers / people using Option 1(by telephone or video conferencing)
- Providing information, guidance and advice on insurance products for PA employers (regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority);
- Providing practical supports and tools to ensure you remain a "good, competent and compliant" employer;
- Providing a fully automated payroll service;
- Providing and operating a Managed Account on your behalf (backed by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme);
- Bespoke advice and guidance available on all matters relating to being a PA employer (via telephone or e-mail).
All our supports and services are designed by PA employers with PA employers at the heart of them.
The page was last updated on 14 May 2018